Great movies only come around every so often. To me, a great movie takes you away for awhile causing you to completely forget about your life and live in someone else's life. I also think a great movie makes you want to skip and sing your way out of the theatre. Take Enchanted--A classic princess romance mixed with comedy and catchy tunes. I left feeling like there wasn't a care in the world. I loved it! Then there are movies made from Broadway Plays--already a given that it's going to be great. Come on...it made it on Broadway, it has to be a hit! Hairspray was a hit. For months, my cousin Missy and I would text each other lines from the songs such as "I can hear the bells" or "Good Morning Baltimore!" or "Mama, I'm a big girl now!" We laughed and memorized the songs. Ahhh Good Times.
Now it's Mama Mia! It's FABULOUS!!! If you've seen the play you will be pleased to know the story line is the same. No surprise endings, etc. If you haven't seen the play, you are in for a 2 hour moment of bliss. Who wouldn't enjoy starring at the beauty of Greece? I want to go there now!
So how good is it? Well, the first time I saw it was opening day (last Friday) in Denver with my Aunt, Mom, Ashlyn, and Cousins. Yes, Ashlyn enjoyed it too. Then we left Ashlyn with a babysitter on Monday and went to see it again. We were singing along and danced our way out of the theatre. I know people thought we were crazy; including Missy and Paige, but I know deep down inside they loved it! Then today-my mom, sister and I went to see it. Yes that's right...3 times in 1 week, and my mom wants to go again tomorrow!
After the 1st time we saw it, we bought the music. After the second time we saw it, both cars had the music cranked and we were trying to out do each other with our performance--you should have seen the look on the teenage boy who's music was drowned out by ours! So much to mine, Missy, and Paige's surprise...this is what we were greeted with when we arrived back home: The Dancing Queens
and here is the video of it too...
How do we compete with that?
We had a great time and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SEEING THIS MOVIE! So until next time..."Does your mother know that your out?" and "Thank you for the music!"





3 comments:
Cole & Julie-
Ashlyn is so beautiful!! What a cutie she is! Love all the pictures. Wish we lived closer so our kiddos could play. Grayci is getting so big...and Bryson is almost 2 1/2...Kaylia & Logan start school in a week...sheez...
Hope you are all well.
Love your cuz-
www.lundgrenville.blogspot.com
I love it!!!!! I am finally getting a chance to catch up on your blog! (Curses to summer!)
BTW - my daughter hates that you turned me on to Enchanted! I flutter around the house, singing "That's How You Know!" She says she's embarrased for me!
Oh - and tell your mom she looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait to see the movie!
Hey Julie it was fun to see you and catch up. My blog is bamoss.blogspot.com Talk to you later
Post a Comment