Friday, May 9, 2008

Ashlyn and the killer bee








Well welcome to the first posting of our blog! Hopefully I will be better at writing on here than I am with my journal. At least you don't get writer's cramp! I'm hoping to use this site to document things that happen during our daily life. I also will be putting "brag moments" on so that I can remember the funny things Ashlyn does and says. I hope you will enjoy these little moments as much as I do.
I have to share a crazy thing that happened yesterday. You've all seen the picture of the kid with the bee on his nose? If not, I've attached it. Well I want you to know that this really happens! Last night, Ashlyn and I were outside sitting by the fence and a wasp flew up and landed right between her eyes. Although I had my camera with me, I was too worried about her getting stung that I didn't take a picture. She kept trying to pet the stupid thing! I was waving my hand in front of her face and the bee just held on for dear life. She thought it was hysterical! I was not finding the same humor in it. I was thinking "Ok, I REALLY don't want to deal with a bee sting" Finally I had to take my shoe of and whack the bee off of her nose. She was surprised at the flying flip flop but mommy saved the day and she didn't get stung. I however may need bee therapy. I beat the thing to death and then took a picture of the striped culprit.
So today I asked Ashlyn if she could go and get some white socks from her room. She left and came back with red socks. I said, "No silly, those are red, we need white socks." She left again and returned with white socks! I was so proud! Then I asked her to go find her white tennis shoes and she came back with those too! I can't believe how big she is getting and how much she is learning. She is such a sweet baby! One of my favorite things that she has started to do is when I tell her to be soft, she reaches up her hand and softly pats my face. For some reason she finds it hilarious to kick me while I'm changing her diaper, so I experience this moment at least 6 times a day.
Well I should go and make the most of nap time. jc

5 comments:

EmmaP said...

No longer a blog virgin! Welcome to the club. I love the Bee story. It's a good thing you have this documented, cuz you know all she'll remember of the incident when she is older is that Mom once smacked her in the face with a flip flop!

The Willeyes said...

I can't wait to stay caught up with your blog, and I love your background! I'm sure Ashlyn will be glad to look back and realize that you saved her from certain death! Good job beekiller...love the pictures. Mel:)

Holli and Billy said...

Yah Julie! Welcome to the blogging world. I find it very addicting. I can't believe how big Ashlyn is getting! She is so cute!

Lisa B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa B said...

Sorry. That deleted comment was mine. Cute blog, Julie! I can just imagine little Miss Ashlyn with a bee on her nose. Too cute!