Ok so once again I am playing blog catch up! For the past couple of weeks, I've had those moments of "Oh that would be a great blog..." I've even taken pictures to go along with those moments, only to see that I don't get on and post them! Part of my issue is Cole told me about a month ago that I spend too much time on the computer and I need to focus more on him and Ashlyn. Now many of you know me and know that I don't usually tolerate those type of comments, but I felt he was KIND OF right, not COMPLETELY right, but KIND OF. So I've been trying to limit my time, but in doing so, I haven't been able to update my blog or stay updated with everyones blogs. So I'm going to slowly slip back into my old ways and make time for the blogging! Hey it's cheaper than therapy!
So two weekends ago, I went up to Swiss Days--both days. Now I've never done that before and I can speak from experience now, that the best day to go is Friday! More stuff, less people, less lines, etc. Anyway, I went with my sister and Ashlyn on Saturday and we had a great time just strolling along the booths. I found new things that I had totally missed on Friday, and they are things I think you need to see. So below I will be posting more about them. But first, I must share a story with you about hair girl. So I'm standing in the Swiss Taco Line...by the way, Megan Hinckley has the perfect comment on her blog regarding "Swiss Tacos and Pocahontas" click over and see it. Anyway, back to standing in line... So my sister had decided she was going to get the Swiss Chicken, so she went to stand in that line, while I stayed with Ashlyn in the Taco line. So mind you it is hotter than you know where and I have a fan that clips to my stroller for Ashlyn, but she keeps throwing it, so I have it blowing on me now. Well hair girl is standing behind me and starts talking to me with the usual small talk. Ok, no big deal, I'm a nice, social girl standing in a long line. I'll chat with her. Anyway, she's small talking and Kristin returns with her chicken sandwich and I'm almost to the front of the line, so I say, "Well, it's been nice chatting with you." and I turn around and start talking to my sister. So she taps me on the shoulder and the conversation goes like this: "Can I ask you a question?" "Sure." "Do you have some one who does your hair?" Ok mind you it is hotter than you know where and I have my hair up in my signature summer hair do...the clip. "Yes" I say. "REALLY?!"
(with a look of disbelief) "Why?" "Did you notice my roots?" Side note: I realize I hadn't had my hair done in a while, but I had an appointment for that next Wednesday. So she continues "Well, Yes actually I did notice them, that's why I had to ask." and she proceeds to give me her sales pitch of "Hair on Wheels" she comes to me! My sister and I were shocked she had said that. Hello! If you are trying to get new customers, you should say positive uplifting things, like..."No, I just think you have really pretty hair." Anyway, she said, "I look forward to hearing from you" and I said,"I'm sure you will." Rude. Ok enough about miss hair on wheels....and yes, I went to my hair appointment and I'm a brand new girl :)
So back to my Swiss Days finds. The first thing I found that I absolutely love and think everyone with small children needs is this:
The Amazing Action Alphabet. The link is
http://www.seeheardocompany.com/ It is the coolest thing! Each letter is an animal that has a story and action to go with it. It teaches the sound the letter makes and helps with letter recognition. I also got the workbook, CD, and place mat.
Ashlyn LOVES it and she does the actions and is learning all of the sounds. It's fabulous!!
I love their stuff! This is the first booth I seek out at Swiss Days. Here are pictures of the ones I bought this year:


The third best find is: The La-Di-Dolls. Those wood dolls with felt dress up clothes. I got Ashlyn the baby and she loves it. Now I just have to cut the clothes out! I think it will be perfect for Sacrament. (Sorry they don't have a website!)
So that's my Swiss Days adventure in a nut shell!
3 comments:
very cool!!! i love your update on all your findings! maybe next year i wont bale out!!!
You should have told "hair girl" if her hair was any indication of her skills then you were better off having your daughter cut and color your hair! So rude...love your Swiss Days stuff :)
LOVE your finds! I bought a calender from live well stitchery last year and I think it is my favorite thing I have ever got at Swiss Days! By the way, I think you have great hair. I would have punched her in the nose.
Post a Comment