Ok so I totally forgot that I was going to blog about this. Thank you Melanie for reminding me. A few weeks ago I was driving in the car to my Chiropractor appointment to fix the pulled muscles in my neck and back from playing Volleyball with the Young Women. And no it wasn't some hot spike move like you see on Top Gun and the Playin' with the Boys scene...pause...Hot Hot Hot Guys!
Ok back to me driving in the car. So I hear on the radio that the Vice President of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), Tracy Reiman has written a letter to Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Company urging......pause again, I am laughing too hard to even type. Urging them to to replace the use of cow's milk in their product with Human Breast Milk. Yes, you read that correctly and yes, I typed it correctly.
Here is a quote from the letter written:
"PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health. "
"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."
"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."
Ok Psycho Sally...are you freaking kidding me? Isn't the whole point of a dairy cow's life to produce milk? Don't the milk commercials say that cows are happy producing milk? She doesn't think it is "fair" that the cow must continually be impregnated to meet the milk consumption demands. Honestly...doesn't she realize that the babies that come from the dairy cows that produce the milk for us also become the meat for us?
And "a favor to consumers"? I would say there would be a huge decline in Ice Cream consumption across the U.S.! I know I would be finding a new dessert!!
Is Tracy Reiman willing to be the first one to take a stand for all cows and pledge the rest of her life to continual pregnancies? $10 bucks says she has NEVER had a baby and NEVER experienced engorged breasts! Her mom must be so proud!
So here is Ben and Jerry's response:
Ben & Jerry's spokesman Rob Michalak said the company applauds PETA's creative approach to bring attention to an issue, but believes that a mother's milk is best used by a child.
My response: The Company laughed hysterically over this letter and couldn't wait to share it with the rest of America. We applaud PETA for another ridiculous suggestion that nearly caused us to either pee our pants or throw up.
See the whole story below:






2 comments:
ok - ummm - ewww. the sad thing is, you know there would be women out there who would totally sign there mammies up for the creamery! i mean a buck is a buck, right? however, i don't think the women's liberal movement would support this move...afterall, they might have to start calling them "teats", and that would be, well, um disgusting, not to mention politically incorrect. it was bad enough i had to say "mammies".
not only that, but i remember in elementary school watching a film on various farm animals, and they showed cows' teats being hooked up to milking machines. i just dont think that educators nor parents across america want that sort of creamery education in the classrooms. plus - could you imagine future field trips to the "farm"??? yikes!
Can you see it now..."One Million Womens Breasts Needed" and you know people would do it. EEWWW! Seriously, I don't think I have ever heard anything intelligent come out of a PETA person's mouth.
I love Emma's visit to the farm scenario though...can you imagine. At least Ben and Jerry's would have a good slogan out of it. "The Breast is Best" Catchy:)
Post a Comment