Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Vacation! The first few days...

Since I have a lot of pictures from the different parks and beaches we went to, I'm going to post those separately. Here are the basic details of our trip for the first couple of days!
Two weeks ago we went with my family (11 of us in all) to San Diego for a week. We rented a house in Carlsbad that had 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms and best of all...a pool! We each had our own room. Since there were 3 of our family, we got the Master Bedroom and Bath. It was wonderful! We also had 3 rental cars so we could come and go as we pleased.

We arrived on Saturday and after waiting an hour for the rental cars we were finally on our way! We dropped our stuff off and headed out to find some lunch. We decided to go to Claim Jumper. Thinking it would only take about an hour or so to eat, seeing that it was 3 in the afternoon, but NO as our luck would have it, it was 2 1/2 hours! The food was good, but they were SO SLOW! Once we got back to the house we decided to go swimming! It was so nice to just get ready and walk out the back door! It makes me really want a pool now. :) My sister has the pictures of us actually in the pool so once I get them from her, I'll post them.


On Sunday we just hung out and then Cole, Ashlyn and I went to Corona to visit the Moody's, a family from Cole's mission. I took my camera but forgot to take pictures! We had dinner and dessert with them and talked and played. They have a really little dog that Ashlyn just loved! We were worried she was going to break her because she is so tiny. We chatted and laughed until 11:30pm which put us home at 1:00 am! It was so much fun to see them and see how much their kids and grandkids have grown up. They are such a great family and I'm so glad Cole has been able to keep in contact with them. They are great friends!

On Monday, the guys (except Cole) went golfing and the girls (with Cole) went shopping. We went to this place in San Diego with a lot of outdoor shops. It was cute but WAY overpriced. We realized it is the shopping area where the cruise ships stop. The only thing I bought was an ornament. Sorry, no pics.

On Tuesday we went to the Wild Animal Park...I'll post about that in another post. After that part of my family went to the Padres game. We decided not to go because we didn't know how long the game would be and how Ashlyn would do. So we went to the beach with my sister and her husband and Paige.

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

that looks like an awesome house. The pools was one thing I had to get used to here in Utah. Where I grew up most neighborhoods were chalk full of pools. and even the "non-pool" neighborhoods had a pool like every 4th house or so. Everyone here kept telling me it is because you can't use pools year round. Well, you can't use them year round in Indiana either. maybe its just cuz it is so humid there, that people really love them. BUT - When I *grow up* and have my dream house... I *WILL* have a pool! and you're invited... ;) can't wait for the rest of the pics!

The Willeyes said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Can't wait for the rest of the pictures :)

Holli and Billy said...

What an adorable house! Sounds like you had a blast! I can't wait to see the rest of the vacation pics!