Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bargain!!

Ok so I have to brag for a minute...let me start at the beginning. On Tuesday, I needed to go to Target to exchange some cute boots that Ashlyn got for her birthday. While I was there I decided to go and look at the Halloween clearance items. Now I'm not into the digging for bargains, but I will take a moment and look through items on a rack. The costumes were 50% off. I thought to myself, self...these would make great dress-ups if anything else. There were a good variety of costumes still left to choose from. So I bought Abby Cadabby (new fairy on Sesame Street--You will see more of her when I post Ashlyn's Birthday Party) and Mater from Cars. I figure we need to have a variety of dress-ups for boys and girls. The next day I was showing Cole the two costumes and I noticed that Mater was suppose to come with a hat too. PET PEEVE--I hate it when people seperate pieces from things that are sold as a set! So I told him I was going to take it back and see if I could either find the hat or get more $$ taken off. I was planning on going yesterday, but it didn't happen, so we went today. I told the girl at the Customer Service counter my story and began my hunt for the Mater hat. Well much to my surprise...the costumes are now 75% off!!!! So I looked for the hat and didn't find it. I'm sure they probably just threw it away. So again I said to myself, self...Ashlyn has REALLY enjoyed the Abby Cadabby costume why not pick up a few more? Well, I found Wonder Woman--I remember my friends little girl LOVED her Wonder Woman costume, Sleeping Beauty Ballet costume--perfect, Ashlyn has little ballet shoes, and Thomas the Train! Why? Because it was the only one left and it was $5! Ashlyn was very excited about all 3 of them. I returned to the Customer Service counter and asked the guy if they do price adjustments since I had just bought the other two costumes two days ago. He said they did. So he returned the costumes (even though I didn't have the Abby costume with me) and then rang up all of the costumes. My total was $31. As I was leaving the store I looked at my receipt and it said, "You saved $95 on today's purchase" I was giddy :) especially since I saved 3 times more than I paid!! So not bad for dress-ups, 5 costumes for $6.20 each! So if any of you ever need to borrow a costume, give me a call!Here are the pictures of the costumes...I think the little girl dressed as Abby in jammies is the cutest!




6 comments:

michelle said...

Are there any left? Like in size 4-6?

The Willeyes said...

Dress ups are the funnest. Kids absolutely love them. I don't need to borrow any costumes, but I sure will borrow that cute "Abby" for a few hours:)

the fellers said...

dont let Scoty know that you got the thomas the train, he will probably sneak over there and steal it! I am so jealous! I love a good deal!

Apryle Moss said...

Cute how lucky are you. I need to get some more boy stuff because all my little boy has is a pirate costume that he has worn for 2 halloweens crazy kids.

EmmaP said...

wow! that is a great deal! and honestly I am not surprised - since you always seem to know how to get cereal for like 20 cents - or FREE!!! hahaha! she looks like she loves the costumes.

EmmaP said...

by the way - i have an award for you over at my blog!